Wednesday 31 December 2014

November Favourites

This post is long overdue, so let me just cut the introduction short and show you the products I’ve loved since November.

Makeup 

1. Nichido Final Powder 
  • For the longest time, I've been using pressed powders to set my foundation/BB cream/concealer. I needed a new loose powder because the one I had was way too dark for my skintone. I picked this up randomly without bothering to test it out. I didn't have high expectations of this product; but, damn, this is a really good setting powder. It mattifies my makeup and keeps it in place without altering the colour of my base makeup. Also, this is so lightweight that it can't possibly look cakey on the skin. It looks extremely natural. 




2. Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in "Copper Dust" 
  • I have two shades of the WnW Silk Finish Lipsticks. Initially, I thought this shade, Copper Dust, would be one of those that I would use and forget about because it had a frosty finish. Normally, I hate frost finish lipsticks, but this one is an absolute exception to the rule. The shade is gorgeous. As the shade indicates, it is a copper toned red with gold frost/shimmers in it. I love how the frost isn't too overwhelming that it would make your lips metallic. It just makes them look as though you have lipgloss on top of your lipstick. Also, you can't feel the shimmers. That's a new experience for me because the frost finish lipsticks I've owned before feel as though there were shards of glass on your lips [Ouch!]. As for the actual colour, it's the type of red that doesn't look too strong. I can wear this on a casual day and it wouldn't come out looking too "out there". It's the perfect shade for those who want to try red, but are too afraid to go all out. 




3. Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in "Cherry Picking" 
  • As I have mentioned in a previous post, Wet n Wild is my new favourite brand for lipsticks. Now, those who know me are aware that I love lip colours that are bold and scream "look at me!" [Haha]. Cherry Picking is definitely a shade that calls for attention. Besides the fact that I don't have a lipstick in a similar shade in my collection, what I really love about this lipstick is the formulation. It's creamy, but just enough to make it a dream to apply, but not enough that it melts rapidly on your lips. This sets into a beautiful semi-matte finish that stays put all day, even without the use of a lipliner. This lipstick is LOVE. 
It's a lot bolder and brighter in real life. The flash of the camera washes it out. :(


4. Bobbie Cosmetics Lipstick in "Berry Sexy" 
  • Okay, first of all, this goes for all Bobbie Cosmetics lipsticks: for some reason, they just don't look great in photographs. I'm not sure why, but no matter how hard I try, the colours just don't register accurately in photos. [Ugh.] Anyway, moving on. 
  • I bought 5 lipsticks from this line is this is my absolute favourite. It's not your typical berry colour. It's not like a berry stain colour. It looks more like a creme-berry, if you get what I mean. In the photos, it looks like a milky pink colour. In real life, though, it is a beautiful, purple-toned pinky colour. The downside to these is that they aren't long lasting. 

5. Bobbie Cosmetics Lipstick in "Parisian Pink" 
  • Again, same case with this shade, it is not camera friendly. This shade is more of a fuchsia colour. I already have similar shades in my collection, but I just cannot skip out on this one. It's just so pretty! Anyway, this is not as sheer as it looks in the photos. The pigmentation is definitely a lot better than what it looks like here. My problem with this shade is that other than having a short longevity, it also doesn't stain my lips. This might be a pro point for some, but it's a con for me. You can't beat the price, though. :)  
Do you see how Berry Sexy looks nude and Parisian Pink looks like a hot pink?? So inaccurate... :(
These shades are veeeeery different from each other, but in the photos, the swatches look nearly identical... Boo! :(



Body Care and Skin Care
1.  Mentholatum Lip Ice Lipbalm (Strawberry)
  • It's no secret, I'm a lip balm hoarder. I love this one because it is minty, strawberry scented, and lightweight. I've been using this nonstop ever since I purchased it. I'm almost out, actually. [Oh no!] I need to get a new one. 



2.   hbc Essentials Petroleum Jelly (Cocoa Butter)
  • I'm not sure why I bought this in the first place, but I'm loving it. It's a handy product to have. I use it as an eye makeup remover, eyelash conditioner, lip balm, and body moisturizer (my skin has been super dry lately). In my opinion, this is waaaaaay better than any other petroleum jelly I've ever used. Most just sit on the skin and do nothing. This one has a thinner texture that actually moisturizes the skin effectively. [Thumbs up!] 



3. Dove Pure Deodorant Stick
  •  Let's get real; most of us use deodorant. Personally, I don't really need it. I don't have any odour and I don't sweat a lot. It's just that I've gotten used to using deodorant. I have sensitive skin, so I react badly to most deodorants. The only brand that I can tolerate is Dove. When Dove came out with the Pure variant, I just had to try it. It's my favourite of all the types because this one has no fragrance. I love using colognes/perfume/body spray and I don't want my deodorant to clash with any of the fragrances that I use. This one is perfect for me because it just simply smells clean. 
Image Source: www.dove.ro
My own deodorant is pretty battered, so I just took a photo from the internet.



Hair Care
1. Shokubutsu Hana Shampoo (Anti-Hairfall)
  • I'm not a stick-to-one shampoo user. I always have to switch up brands; otherwise, my hair will become a mess if I use one brand for too long. With this one, however, I've been using this since August and I haven't experienced any adverse effects. It makes my hair super soft and fragrant. 




Apparel
1. Hoodie/Top from Mondi
  • I got this top to wear it for my friend's birthday party. So far, it's my favourite top because it's comfy and I can just throw it on and still look as if I actually exerted effort to look dressed up. It's casual, but not plain. 




2. Crème shoes from Budgetfit (Black)
  • I have just a few words to sum up why I love these shoes: black, slip-on, cute, COMFORTABLE. :) 



Accessories
1. Dream catcher earrings from Claire’s
  • Do I even need to explain why I love these earrings?? They are so adorable! 


That's it for my (very late) November Favourites post. 



Thanks for dropping by! 














No comments:

Post a Comment