Saturday 2 August 2014

FOTD: Adoring Dear August




First post for August!

I have not posted in quite a while. My schedule has been really tight. The stress from school has probably aged my face by 10 years already [Haha]. Hopefully, I would have more time for blogging in the next few months to come. I have already drafted some possible blog entries here. I just need to get myself a decent camera to take photos. Anyway, enough of that and on to the actual blog entry.

August is one of my favourite months. Why? Well, first of all, it is my month of birth. Second, it gets pretty rainy during this time of the year. I love rain. Third, it reminds me that September is just around the corner. I have a certain fondness for “-ber months”. Fourth, it is my "Senti-Month"; meaning, I am most sentimental when it is August. I am not sure why, though. 

Due to my lack of time to actually go out during weekends, I have not had the time to fix myself up lately. So, when I found out we were heading to the mall, I decided to take advantage of this chance to make myself look a little bit fancier than usual (but not overly made up to the point that I would look as if I would be going to a party).

For my makeup today, I just had simple brown smokey eyes paired with a peachy-nude lip. I did not want to put too much effort into my makeup today because I wouldn’t be out for too long and it was raining. Ladies, I don’t know about you, but when it rains, I personally don’t like to wear heavy makeup on my face.

Products used:

FACE

Kokuryu Summer Cake Foundation in "Jade" (as a corrector) and "Orange Blush" (my actual foundation)
Ever Bilena Compact Powder in "Natural" (to lighten the foundation as it is a tad bit too dark for my skin tone)
San San Eyeshadow in "Deep Earth Brown" (used as a contour shade)
ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer Duo (I used the blush)

EYES
San San Eyeshadow in "Charcoal Brown" (This shade is GORGEOUS. It's a frost chocolate brown/taupe colour. It's actually difficult to describe the shade because it can vary depending on how you apply it. I find that applying it sheerly will yield a taupe colour. When applied heavily, it appears deeper. I applied a sheer base layer (wet) and layered it on dry on my outer V and crease. Seriously, I never knew you could make a smokey eye using just one shade of eyeshadow.)
Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in "01 Black Fever"
Ever Bilena Thick Lash Mascara (I don't really like it, but it's the only mascara I have at the moment)
San San Eyebrow Pencil in 03
Ever Bilena Colorless Mascara (used as a brow gel)

LIPS
Wet n Wild Colour Icon Lipliner in "Willow"
Kokuryu Moist Lipstick in "Chypre Rose"


That is all for today. Hopefully, I can post again soon.




Thank you for dropping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment